Nostalgia Central has compiled the 40 Things That Only Happen In Movies. They’ve captured the essence of silver screen unreality perfectly, with such gems as:
4. Creepy music (or satanic chanting) coming from a graveyard should always be closely investigated.
8. Should you wish to pass yourself off as a German officer, it will not be necessary to learn to speak German. Simply speaking English with a German accent will do. Similarly, when they are alone, all German soldiers prefer to speak English to each other.
18. If a microphone is turned on it will immediately feedback.
19. Guns are like disposable razors. If you run out of bullets, just throw the gun away. you will always find another one.
23. If being chased through a city you can usually take cover in a passing St Patrick’s Day parade – at any time of the year.
Heh. Go read the rest of them.