There were quite a few additional reviews of Serenity posted by bloggers over the past 24 hours. Here’s a recap of the ones I’ve found thus far:
- Citizen Smash would pay $10 to see it again, even though he was a “Firefly virgin”.
- The Powerline guys thinks it’s destined to become a cult classic.
- It reminded Captain Ed of the best of the classics, although he warns against bringing the kids to the theater.
- little green colloquium calls it a libertarian polemic, which is evidently intended as a high compliment.
- PDB calls it better than anything Lucas has done in the last 10 years.
- Comic Book the Blog calls it better than Star Trek, which he readily admits is a fairly low target.
- Bill Roper calls it space opera and a magnificent success.
- Fat Steve gives it 4 out of 5 stars and plans on paying to see it again.
- Mindless Bit Spew kindly suggests that you go see it when it opens near you.
- robot guy compares Revenge of the Sith to fast food and Serenity to a seven course meal, complete with other gastronomical analogies.
- Justin Buist says what a ride!
- Jason Kuznicki reckons that he’d readily sell his journalistic integrity for tickets to a movie this good. (He also aptly describes it as a “cowboy-space opera-orientalist-monster movie set inside a dystopian political fable”.)
- Sun Comprehending Glass promises to see it again.
- Ann liked it but doubts that Firefly novices will do the same.
- VOLuntarily Conservative calls it the most well-rounded movie he’s seen all year.
- L&N Line compares it favorably with Transformers: The Movie.