- Literally: wasted telephone number search-effort realization
- The dawning realization that the business phone number you just spent five minutes tracking down on Google was, in fact, already stored in your phone’s contact list, primarily due to the fact that you previously spent five minutes looking for the exact same number the last time you needed it.
- Literally: Surprised by a lost friend fake enthusiastic birthday greeting
- The false bravado one adopts upon encountering an estranged friend while attending a third party’s child’s birthday party.
- Literally: Apple destroying anxiety or dread
- The sense of existential dread one experiences in the moments after dropping one’s lunch sack and having heard a sickening “thunk”, thus assuring the bruised-beyond-recognition of one’s apple.