Had a busy weekend. My good friends Aron and Heather got married yesterday in Cherry Hill. That was in addition to:
- Aron’s bachelor party Friday night
- My grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary party on Saturday
- A now-traditional Wedding Day IHOP visit (side note: a modification to said tradition has been put in place. We forgot to do IHOP prior to the wedding this time. Luckily, A&H were married in a Jewish ceremony. So, from now on, all Gentile weddings will be preceded by IHOP, while all Jewish weddings will be celebrated in a like manner afterwards). We’ll be employing this tradition at Doug&Renee’s wedding (if it should ever happen) and Brad’s wedding, should he ever consent to marrying Lauren.
- A hurried trip to Macy’s for pantyhose, shoes, and a wrap for the wife. I’d like a round of applause for what was probably the shortest, most effective shopping expedition I’ve ever been on with my wife. We actually employed the Navy Seal Shopping Method™ successfully. One for the record books.
- More driving than I care to account for.
The wedding itself was beautiful. I have never attended a Jewish wedding before, and I was lucky enough to be chosen as best man for this one.
Aron’s dad looked like he was about to burst from pride and Heather’s mom couldn’t stop crying. Par for just about any wedding, I guess. *grin*
Reception was nice, and I didn’t flub the toast too badly. Aron’s dad raised a “mazzletov!” from the crowd; I drew an “Amen.” Guess being a PK shows through at the weirdest times, eh?