I’ve never explicitly stated it on this blog, but I have a comments moderation policy in place here at Literal Barrage. [Note to self: remember to actually insert comments policy above comments form.] It hasn’t been hard and fast, but some recent comments have ended up in the moderation queue and I guess it’s about time for me to state said policy up front. Basically, it comes down to this:
- No garden-variety Anglo-Saxon obscenities will be permitted. Y’all know which ones I’m talking about.
- No l33t-speak’d Anglo-Saxon obscenities will be permitted.
- Euphemistic and/or novel coinages of oaths are encouraged. (Think “Yosemite Sam”…)
- No sexually explicit comments will be permitted.
- Everything else will be, for the moment, up to my discretion.
I try to let things flow, for the most part, as the commenters that I do get are few and far-between enough, but I do want things to stay clean around here.
Thanks for the consideration.