I’ve released Elbee Elgee version 1.3.8. This fixes a couple of issues involving emphasis elements and AJAX functionality in BuddyPress after BP updated to version 1.6. It should be live in the theme repository, so go ahead and download away.
Elbee Elgee 1.3.7
Fire up your updaters, folks: I’ve released Elbee Elgee version 1.3.7. This is entirely a bugfix for regressions introduced in 1.3.6, namely:
- Issues Fixed
- Top-level drop-downs should now be styled correctly and consistently
- Custom menus added as widgets should no longer get styling from top-level menus
So go ahead and grab it from the official repo or simply check under your Dashboard -> Updates.
Elbee Elgee 1.3.6 Released
It’s official: I’ve shipped Elbee Elgee version 1.3.6. After trials and tribulations aplenty, it’s finally ready to go. Hit the official download page to grab a copy, or go to your Updates page to automatically upgrade.
While it would be tempting to call this a simple bugfix, there are several things to note. From the release notes:
- Features Added
- Greater CSS flexibility (selectors aren’t as specific, allowing for easier child theming)
- Issues Fixed
- BuddyPress “Load More” link in Activity streams actually, you know, loads more.
- bbPress support updated for all the proper bbP hooks, so certain plugins that weren’t working before now POOF magically work again.
- Default search results if nothing is found were… blank. D’oh! Fixed.
- BuddyPress Groups widget AJAX now works to load groups on the fly.
So, download away and, as always, let me know if you run into any issues!
PS: Please, if you like my theme and/or find it useful, go to the official page and give it a rating — there’s only a single, solitary rating thus far. I’d be much obliged.
Latest Elbee Elgee 1.3.6 Beta (Beta 8)
Here’s the latest and greatest release of the theme, ever-so-originally named “beta 8”. You can grab it from Bitbucket, as always.
This release does a few things:
- Applies the “widget” class to all sidebar widgets, allowing BuddyPress AJAX widget functionality to work
- Catches circumstances where a search returns no posts and instead displays another search box (previously, it would error out with a blank page instead)
- Effects a minor reorganization of theloop.php to make it easier to read through/understand (well, in theory)
Let me know if you run into any problems!
Effective Immediately: I’m Closing My Ill-Used Spam-Attracting Forums That Barely Serve A Vestigial Purpose At This Point
Essentially: it does what it says on the tin. My bbPress forums were
a) Magnets for spammers of every *dol, Cia*, Dolc*gab* and Ho*ref*nance
2) CPU chewers for little payoff
D) Not really used by y’all or me*
So, in short, I’m deactivating them and shall breathe a sigh of relief.
If you’ve comments related to my posts, feel free to leave them in the, errrm, comments sections. If you’ve Elbee Elgee-related bugfixes or feature requests, plunk ’em in the Bitbucket issue tracker. I’ll also keep an eye on the forums over on WordPress.org in order to keep current.
In shorter short: so long, and thanks for all the fish, bbPress!
Elbee Elgee 1.3.6 Beta 6
A few more changes here — I think we may be close to an actual, certifiable 1.3.6 final release. Grab beta 6 and let me know if you encounter any issues.
This release should
- Nested comments’ authors’ names should no longer appear whited-out.
- I’ve begun adopting the WordPress Core CSS coding standards in all CSS files I include. Should make parsing easier.
Elbee Elgee Issue Tracker: For My Sanity’s Sake
From all Elbee Elgee users, past, present and future, I’d like to ask a favor: please, please, please begin using the issue tracker on Bitbucket to submit bugs and/or feature requests. Between the comments sections on release posts, the WordPress.org forums and direct contacts via email, I’m starting to get a bit swamped and having trouble keeping an eye on all pending issues.
You don’t have to sign up for a Bitbucket account in order to submit issues, though you won’t be able to get automatic notifications if you don’t.
Feel free to leave comments here, too, and over on the .Org forums as well — as long as you make sure to post your issues to the Bitbucket issue tracker. I’ll be able to keep pending issues out ahead of me much easier that way, which should result in more rapid turn-arounds on releases in turn. Help me. Help me. Help YOU.
New (Hopefully Final!) Beta Version of Elbee Elgee 1.3.6
We’re drawing nigh to a new (final) release of Elbee Elgee. Go grab version 1.3.6-beta4. This one tweaks the default <title> and descriptions in the head/meta section in order to allow for tools like Yoast’s WordPress SEO or All in One SEO Pack to do their work with little-to-no interference (requested here). I’ve also added functionality for those using Yoast’s SEO plugin: Breadcrumb functionality now works.
If time and effort allow, I may also squash this bug that seems to affect certain BuddyPress plugins. Assistance/bugfixes welcome, as always.
New Beta Version (1.3.6-beta3) Of Elbee Elgee
For those of you encountering issues with BuddyPress and Elbee Elgee (particularly if you’ve encountered the “Won’t load any more activity when you click the ‘Load More’ link in Activity streams” bug), then have I got a zipfile for you!
Please grab it here and let me know if you run into any further problems.
Crick-don’t-rise, I’ll morph this version (1.3.6-beta3) into the full 1.3.6 release on the theme repository.
New Beta Testers For Elbee Elgee Wanted
If you’re using Elbee Elgee on an install that’s running bbPress, I could really use your help with a bit of testing. Grab this zipfile off of BitBucket and install it in place of your existing Elbee install, then, let me know how it works out for you. Let me know if you encounter any bugs.