I’ve released Elbee Elgee version 1.3.8. This fixes a couple of issues involving emphasis elements and AJAX functionality in BuddyPress after BP updated to version 1.6. It should be live in the theme repository, so go ahead and download away.
Fire up your updaters, folks: I’ve released Elbee Elgee version 1.3.7. This is entirely a bugfix for regressions introduced in 1.3.6, namely:
- Issues Fixed
- Top-level drop-downs should now be styled correctly and consistently
- Custom menus added as widgets should no longer get styling from top-level menus
So go ahead and grab it from the official repo or simply check under your Dashboard -> Updates.
It’s official: I’ve shipped Elbee Elgee version 1.3.6. After trials and tribulations aplenty, it’s finally ready to go. Hit the official download page to grab a copy, or go to your Updates page to automatically upgrade.
While it would be tempting to call this a simple bugfix, there are several things to note. From the release notes:
- Features Added
- Greater CSS flexibility (selectors aren’t as specific, allowing for easier child theming)
- Issues Fixed
- BuddyPress “Load More” link in Activity streams actually, you know, loads more.
- bbPress support updated for all the proper bbP hooks, so certain plugins that weren’t working before now POOF magically work again.
- Default search results if nothing is found were… blank. D’oh! Fixed.
- BuddyPress Groups widget AJAX now works to load groups on the fly.
So, download away and, as always, let me know if you run into any issues!
PS: Please, if you like my theme and/or find it useful, go to the official page and give it a rating — there’s only a single, solitary rating thus far. I’d be much obliged.
Here’s the latest and greatest release of the theme, ever-so-originally named “beta 8”. You can grab it from Bitbucket, as always.
This release does a few things:
- Applies the “widget” class to all sidebar widgets, allowing BuddyPress AJAX widget functionality to work
- Catches circumstances where a search returns no posts and instead displays another search box (previously, it would error out with a blank page instead)
- Effects a minor reorganization of theloop.php to make it easier to read through/understand (well, in theory)
Let me know if you run into any problems!
Essentially: it does what it says on the tin. My bbPress forums were
a) Magnets for spammers of every *dol, Cia*, Dolc*gab* and Ho*ref*nance
2) CPU chewers for little payoff
D) Not really used by y’all or me*
So, in short, I’m deactivating them and shall breathe a sigh of relief.
If you’ve comments related to my posts, feel free to leave them in the, errrm, comments sections. If you’ve Elbee Elgee-related bugfixes or feature requests, plunk ’em in the Bitbucket issue tracker. I’ll also keep an eye on the forums over on WordPress.org in order to keep current.
In shorter short: so long, and thanks for all the fish, bbPress!
A few more changes here — I think we may be close to an actual, certifiable 1.3.6 final release. Grab beta 6 and let me know if you encounter any issues.
This release should
- Nested comments’ authors’ names should no longer appear whited-out.
- I’ve begun adopting the WordPress Core CSS coding standards in all CSS files I include. Should make parsing easier.