- Literally: wasted telephone number search-effort realization
- The dawning realization that the business phone number you just spent five minutes tracking down on Google was, in fact, already stored in your phone’s contact list, primarily due to the fact that you previously spent five minutes looking for the exact same number the last time you needed it.
Compound German Neologism Of The Day: Verlorenfreund-überraschenfalschgefähl-geburtstaggrüssung
- Literally: Surprised by a lost friend fake enthusiastic birthday greeting
- The false bravado one adopts upon encountering an estranged friend while attending a third party’s child’s birthday party.
Compound German Neologism Of The Day: Apfelzerstörenangst
- Literally: Apple destroying anxiety or dread
- The sense of existential dread one experiences in the moments after dropping one’s lunch sack and having heard a sickening “thunk”, thus assuring the bruised-beyond-recognition of one’s apple.
“Dad Life”: Painfully Autobiographical
At first, I was like “Heh.”, then I was like “Ohhhh…”, then I was like “Ouch.”
I mean, they’re even driving an exact doppelgänger of my minivan. Very ouch, baby.
I’ll Take A Bit More Pocus In My Hocus, Thank You Very Much
Or should I say “clever”?
Continue reading “I’ll Take A Bit More Pocus In My Hocus, Thank You Very Much”
Try To Contrail Your Laughter
Spoof Flash-based game + grammatically-challenged review + epic dramatic reading of review + Carl Orff + Flash typography animation = well, this bit of genius:
Explain to me, EXPLAIN TO ME! why this is so funny.
LAUGHTER = VERY YES
I laugh, because the alternative is to cry:
If only ’tweren’t so true.
Via Laughing Squid, who you probably ought to be subscribing to anyways.
Who YOU Gonna Call?
(Via Laughingsquid’s A Cappella Multitrack of Ghostbusters theme performed solo. That pretty much summarizes it, actually.)
Amazing Techno Grace
A little Christmas-themed inappropriately-techno-ified classic hymn for your holiday enjoyment.
Jonathan Coulton’s “Shop Vac”
A fan-made video in celebration of JoCo’s birthday, this piece of video art is, dare I say it, incredible: